Saturday, April 4, 2009

what i'm working on: using blue




so because of my recent dry spell in the studio, i tried using blue for a couple of weeks to see if this works. let me say that blue is not my color, i always reach for reds, pinks and earth tones, so this was a little difficult for me at first. well, it didn't get me out of my dry spell, but it got me started to DO SOMETHING, which are some simple collaged pen & ink drawings, which got me thinking about a whole new body of work. so was it using the color blue that jump started me or just working on something? i guess both is the answer and i'm happy to say i'm slowly getting out of my funk!!

click here for the post about the color blue and creativity.

2 comments:

  1. Just read recently that according to some scientific study, the color blue supposedly stimulates creativity - hmmm...

    ReplyDelete